Other

Graham Recreation ParkBluefield, Tazewell County

Owned and operated by the town of Bluefield, this 57 acre park is the perfect location to enjoy being outside and active.  The park is home to an amphitheater, several covered shelters, playground equipment, exercise trial, and several softball and baseball fields.   The park hosts outdoor concerts, church services, movie nights and more.  Restroom facilities […]
Read More

Bluefield Blue Jays BaseballBluefield, Tazewell County

Professional baseball first originated in Bluefield in 1924, when the Blue-Grays were formed by Fred Fox and Fred Hawley. The Blue-Grays played in the Coalfield League for two years before the league folded. Major League teams made Bluefield a favorite stop on barnstorming railroad exhibition tours. Bluefield was a member of the Blue Ridge League […]
Read More

Louis E. Henegar Miners Memorial ParkAppalachia, Wise County

Public park dedicated to local mining historian Louis Henegar and the numerous coal miners in the community. The park features many examples of underground mining equipment used in modern day mining.
Read More

Interstate 101 CarBig Stone Gap, Wise County

Built in 1870 for the South Carolina & Georgia Railroad, this private car was used by the president of the railroad and is one of the oldest and finest examples of typical passenger car construction of the late 19th century. As built, it contained an observation room, two staterooms, a dining area, and facilities for […]
Read More

Dante Coal Miner’s MemorialDante, Russell County

Dante was once the headquarters of the Clinchfield Coal Corporation and home to thousands of coal miners and their families. The Coal Miner’s Memorial honors those Dante men who worked in the mines and gives special recognition to those who died underground. Names have been placed on the memorial by family and friends. Volunteers maintain […]
Read More

Dungannon DepotDungannon, Scott County

From 1910 to 1912 the Depot in Dungannon was in a boxcar, open at both ends and located on a side track. The present Depot was built by hand beginning in 1910 and completed in 1912. The Dungannon Depot was one of the few remaining along the track of the Clinchfield Railroad line which runs […]
Read More