Bailey Log Cabin
Records show that that the Bailey family settled in what later became Tazewell County more than 230 years ago. Richard Peyton Bailey, Sr. received a warrant for land along the Bluestone River on October 15, 1770. Bailey was a scout and spay for the American army who gathered intelligence about the British and Indians in that part of Virginia.
Since its construction, the Bailey Log House has been moved several times. During the 1920s it was relocated from the Clovis Street site to the Bluefield College campus. In the 1960s when the school started construction of the athletic dome, the cabin was moved to Airport Road and used as a gift shop. In 2005, it was moved by the Graham Historical Society as temporary storage behind the Sanders House.
In 2011, work began to reassemble the structure. It was completed in 2012 and is a part of the Sanders House grounds.
Tours are available by appointment.
200 Sanders Lane, Bluefield, VA 24605