St. Paul Railroad Museum
Built by the Norfolk & Western Railway (the “N & W”) around 1890, the Railroad Museum is considered to be the oldest surviving building in St. Paul. It occupies an unusual location at the east end of Russell Street near the edge of a cut overlooking the railroad tracks. For many years, the N & W owned all the property that lay between Russell Street and the tracks, extending from the Railroad Museum to the Fourth Avenue underpass. Today, the museum houses a treasure of artifacts from the railroad, the town of St. Paul and hosts several local events each year. Take a minute to visit their website or Facebook for additional information and upcoming events.
The museum days/hours of operation vary by season or by appointment at (276) 762-5297.
16646 Russell Street, St. Paul, VA 24283